Working at Jacksonville Medical Care is making a difference. It’s an opportunity to build a career that allows you to impact people’s lives in a meaningful way, every day. Every position at Jacksonville Medical Care plays a pivotal role in the care we provide to our patients in the course of treatment, maintenance and prevention of their illnesses.
We are currently seeking highly motivated and caring individuals for the following positions:
Please submit your resumes to Pam Duran, firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject.
Patient Care Coordinator
Reports to: Nursing Manager
Job Summary: A patient care coordinator deals directly with patients and health care providers. The Care Coordinator is responsible for utilizing the electronic health record and other technology to lead care coordination efforts for their empaneled patients. The care coordinator is responsible for acting as a liaison between the healthcare system and the patients. Care Coordinators are also an essential element in the care management process by utilizing data analytics tools to identify and manage ”high-risk” patients, gaps in care, and patient transitions to and from various care settings. All elements of the Care Coordinators role is to ensure that patients are receiving the right care, in the right setting and have an appropriate understanding of what care is to be or has been delivered and their responsibilities. This is accomplished by linking patients to the various resources, providers, healthcare entities, and/or support systems available to them and communicating to those bodies the patients “care plan”.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identify and manage care opportunities for empaneled patients by:
- Reviewing patients chart and other reports to ensure all health screenings have been completed
- Coordinating labs, tests, screenings and other preventive services
- Identifying areas of over/improper utilization of health care services (I.e. Non-emergent ER Utilization)
- Educate patients on proper time & place of services
- Coordinate patient services as indicated by various member of the patients care team (I.e. Social Services, Home Health, Med. Management, etc.)
- Fosters continuity of patients care by:
- Ensuring timely receipt of information from other members of the care team
- Advocating for patient access
- Maintaining care team empanelment and patient engagement (Including outside members)
- Manage patient transitions to and from various care settings
- Other duties as required, by management, to support clinic operations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, treatments and protocols
- Knowledge of “healthcare” as a system
- Customer service skills
- Professional phone etiquette and caring attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Organizational Skills
- Basic computer skills
- Reduced emergency room utilization and hospital readmissions
- Improved quality of care indicators
- Sustained continuity of care
- Improved patient and caregiver education and self-management
- Increased patient satisfaction
- LPN License, RMA Certification
- General computer skills
Job Classification: Clinical Staff
Primary Function: Provide Professional assistance to the physician and staff at Jacksonville Medical Care by working as a team to provide quality healthcare to patients. Maintaining the proper skills, knowledge, and supplies to provide these services.
Reports to: Clinic Supervisor/Administrator
A. Provide professional assistance to physician and staff working as a team to provide quality healthcare to patients.
B. Maintains the responsibility of all clinical functions.
- Prepares the exam rooms with the proper equipment and supplies necessary for daily operation.
- Orders and keeps adequate inventory.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
- Provide nursing assistance to a physician. This will include rooming patients, taking chief complaints, taking vital signs, returning phone calls, and taking care of prescription request.
- Entering all pertinent patient information into the EMR such as PMH, FMH, SH, Allergies, current medications, current medical conditions, chief complaint, vital signs and any other information necessary for quality patient care. This information should also be reviewed with the patient on each subsequent visit. Once all the necessary information is entered into the EMR the chart is then marked ready for Provider.
- Must be proficient with all clinical skills such as injections, basic pharmacology, vital signs, sterile techniques, venepuncture, OHSA and HIPPA regulations and preparing for specific office procedures.
- Maintain adequate knowledge for collecting and processing specimens for laboratory and pathology services. Necessary documentation must be maintained to represent the date of collection and date results are received.
- All messages regarding patient care by phone or in person should be entered into the EMR and handled by nursing personnel. If the message can’t be resolved by the nurse it will then be forwarded to the physician and all correspondence entered into the EMR.
C. Conforms to the clinic handbook and follows office guidelines set forth in the Policy and Procedure Manual.
D. Conveys the clinic purpose to patients, physicians and staff.
E. Conforms to clinic dress code.
F. Attend and participates in all in-service, department, and clinic meetings.
G. Supports management decisions and makes recommendations for improvements.
H. Co-operates with management, physician and other staff members.
I. Meets attendance standards.
J. Performs other duties as assigned by administration.
- Must hold a valid nursing or medical assistant license.
- Must be familiar with basic medical office procedure.
- Must have a working knowledge of OSHA, HIPPA regulations
Seeking Full-Time and Part-Time applicants